Thursday, June 12, 2008

Home Organization Tips - Steady Does It

There are many home organization tips that are very useful. One particular tip that has helped me is to do things at your own pace. Different people have different personalities and different life circumstances. There is no need to put too much pressure on yourself.


I used to get so upset with myself because I couldn’t get things done all at once. When I set my mind to something, I am ready to get it done. I don’t want any interruptions and I don’t want to stop until the job is finished. Sometimes, however, we need to consider other people’s needs too. When you have little ones, you are going to have interruptions. I had to face that fact. Sometimes if I was working during their naps, one would inevitably wake up too soon. If I was right in the middle of cleaning out my kitchen cabinets, one would start crying and I would have to come to the rescue. I had to learn that people come first. My children really didn’t care about the organization. They just wanted Mommy. I had to allow for that and give myself a break.


Even if you don’t have preschool children at home, there are always things that come up. Maybe it is a sick parent or friend. It could be that your week is full of other obligations. Don’t let your new endeavor of home organization become an added stress in your life. Keep at it, but don’t be pressured to finish everything in a week or even a month. As long as you stay at it, it will get done. Take the pressure off of you and your family.


For some great home organization tips, visit http://practicalhomeorganizationtips.com/ and get your free report, “Practical Home Organization Tips to Save Time and Sanity.”

No comments: