Monday, June 9, 2008

Home Organization Tips - Be Prepared

It was such a busy week last week. As I said in my last bog, I had two extra children. I have been working in my flower beds and helping with Vacation Bible School among other things. Friday, we had dinner for my father-in-law’s birthday. My sister and her family who lives eight hours away also came in late Friday night for a visit. We have been trying to cram months’ worth of visiting into two days. We also celebrated my parents’ 45th wedding anniversary. We have been in an out so much; it has really helped to preplan a little.


My sister is staying with my parents. I’ve been back and forth between houses trying to let our children take their naps and then we were off again. Having the children’s things packed ahead of time really helped. I prepared their juice cups and snacks to take with us after making breakfast. I filled the diaper bag with all the necessary items including an extra set of clothes and pain reliever for my teething toddler the night before. I had their clothes laid out so that my husband could help dress them. It really made getting out of the house a lot quicker.


I also had several other things that I needed to take with me like an anniversary banner, flowers, pictures, dessert and some other items for our get-together. I am not known for having the best memory so I made sure to put what I could in the car ahead of time. This saved time and kept me from getting too anxious about forgetting something.


If you have children, especially small ones, you know how time consuming getting ready to leave home is. Having everything prepared early is a life saver. It keeps you from forgetting important items and from getting completely frazzled while trying to get everything together and loaded up. Even placing everything beside the door on a special table can really help. These are a few home organization tips that save time and energy while rushing out the door.


For some great home organization tips, visit my site at http://practicalhomeorganization.com and get your free report, “Practical Home Organization Tips to Save Time and Sanity.”

No comments: